Archive

August 16, 2010

Maison Ikkoku

I have been watching this show now for a few months. I have finally managed to get about half way through it and figured I should say something about it. If you haven't already been able to tell by the animation in the picture, this is a Rumiko Takahashi series. For those of you who don't know, she is the creator of such shows as Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha. Having watched other shows that she has made and being impressed I thought I should give this one a try as well.

The main reason I have not managed to get through the 92 episodes and 12 OVAs is due to the genre of the show. The entire show is based around the idea of these tenants who live in a housing complex together and the relationships that they build with each other. A major slice of life style show. For the most part is is interesting, but I tend you find that you have to be in the mood for something light-hearted with humour. I won't go into details about the storyline, mostly because it is so multidimensional that I could write for hours about it. The bottom line is that this show is worth taking a look at. I won't go so far as to say it is worth marathoning, but given that is was made in the 80s, it still has a lot to offer, even to current audiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment