Archive

January 05, 2012

Jyu-Oh-Sei



This 11 episode series is based in the far future where humans live on space colonies. Twin brothers Thor and Rai end up on a hostile plant planet after finding their parents murdered. To survive on the planet known as Chimera the twins have to defeat the inhabitants who live in a society based upon survival of the fittest and where the plants themselves try to kill you.



Due to the only having 11 episodes the show at times feels rushed. Overall though I found the series was interesting and it times was reminded of a few other sci-fi shows I’ve seen over the years. If you liked Starship Troopers and The Most Dangerous Game, I think you’ll enjoy this series.



The people on Chimera live in four different groups and in each group to get to the top you have to fight. The plants on Chimera are deadly and most of them try to eat you. The main character of the series is the stronger twin Thor. He adapts quickly and soon finds himself at the top of one of the groups. The end of the series happens quickly but explains everything; you won’t be left with questions. I won’t go into much detail once I don’t to give any spoilers but I do recommend this series. There is some blood but nothing over the top. The romance is minimal and there is plenty of action to keep you entertained.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a really good series. I picked up a copy a long while back but I will be sure to check this one out soon. Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete