Archive

November 04, 2010

Naruto Shippuuden Season 1

So after finishing the English dubs of the original Naruto series back around Christmas time last year, I finally managed to get around to the Shippuuden series. I was a little hesitant about starting it, as it is still airing. That was the reason I abandoned the original Naruto the first time around, I was too impatient and didn't want to wait for episodes to release every week.

As always, this series still impresses me. I was able to move through the first season in just over a week. The entire first season is predicated around a single mission, rescuing the new Kazekage of the Hidden Sand Village. The Shippuuden series takes place about 2 1/2 years after the original series.

As  always Naruto is still trying to save Sasuke from Orochimaru. Although right from the outset of this one, the Akatsuke appear and become the main antagonist of the series. So far appearances by Team Gai and Team Kakashi (minus Sasuke) make regular appearances in the season. From the Sand Village Kankuro and Temari also get quite a bit of screen time.

I won't ruin the story by telling the outcome, but I will say that it does have a lot of filler. Some of the fights take upwards of 5 & 6 episodes to complete. I did find this a little annoying, especially when tying to watch it late before bed and wanting to find out the ending before I sleep. Despite this, I still found the series very entertaining.

The new soundtrack for the show is also really well done. I have to say that I am a fan of the new intro song. It took some time to grow on me, but now I'm hooked.

With the end of the first season, there is the introduction of a new character who is to accompany Naruto and his companions. This new mystery character I imaging will be revealed further in the next season so stay tuned for the review to find out how it turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment