Archive

February 15, 2010

Ghost In The Shell 2.0




It has been a while since I last watched the original Ghost In The Shell movie. It has always been a movie that I have held in high regard. I was excited when I found out about the release of Ghost In The Shell 2.0. I have to admit though that I was a little hesitant to pick this up though. Because it has been so long since I last watched GITS, I wasn't sure if there was enough of a change in 2.0 to justify spending the money. After walking through a number of stores week after week and looking at the title, trying to decide if I should get it, I received it as a present from my girlfriend. To say the least, the movie was well worth picking up. The animators did an amazing job redoing many of the scenes. GITS always had that cutting edge technology feel when it came out in the early 90s, and almost 20 years later, they have gone above and beyond yet again in making this movie seem as futuristic as possible without deviating from the original story line. It was refreshing to see that the writers did not change the story, but rather used new animation techniques and filled in some gaps in the story to allow it to flow together much better. I won't go on about the plot, as many people have already seen GITS and GITS 2.0 does not provide an alternate retelling of the events.

To those who have already seen the original GITS and are a fan of the series, 2.0 is well worth the money. The newly designed animation and additional scenes to explain some of the more obscure parts of the story really drive this film into the next generation of classics. To understand fully what I mean take a look at the comparison screens below. I also recommend picking this title up on BluRay. Seeing this film in High Definition will not disappoint!





No comments:

Post a Comment