Archive

August 30, 2013

FullMetal Alchemist


I finally managed to get enough time to make it through all 51 episodes of the first season of FullMetal Alchemist. While my time has been fairly limited, this is one of those shows that I would get home from work and look forward to watching.
Without giving away too much about the story, the show is predicated around Edward and Alphonse Elric, two brothers who are infatuated with the use of alchemy. After their mother dies, the two brothers begin practicing forbidden human alchemy to bring her back. With the laws of equivalent exchange that alchemy teaches the cost becomes their bodies. After realizing their mistake, the brothers begin on a quest to correct the past.
The elements of this series that kept bringing me back episode after episode are the character development, story, artwork, and music. It is very rare that an anime series hits all four sections on the mark for me.

Overall,I would highly recommend checking out FullMetal Alchemist if you are looking for an anime that delivers on drama, action, comedy, and slice of life. I'll be checking out the second season, Brotherhood, soon so stay tuned for the review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment