Archive

July 19, 2013

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes




The story centers on Ryner Lute a lazy person who bears the alpha stigma; a powerful cursed eye that gives him the ability to understand others magic and also leads to the slaughter of many people when he loses control. Ryner Lute lives in the county of Roland and is great friends with the emperor Sion. It is Sion who sends Ryner on a quest to find magical hero relics alongside an extremely power woman named Ferris.


The series is based on the Japanese light novel series under the same name by Takaya Kagami. As with many anime based on light novels there isn’t a satisfactory ending. The series ends and many questions are left unanswered. I haven’t found a translation of the light novels yet but I did find a manga adaption which is still in progress. I haven’t read it yet but am hoping this manga will answer the questions the series left me with. 

 
If you have seen Chrome Shelled Regios, this series about on par in animation, though it has better graphics in the fight sequences and also in my opinion the character designs are superior.  The soundtrack fits the series and the voice actors did a wonderful job. I watched the English dub by Funimation and really enjoyed it. The series is a mix of action, drama and comedy. I found it was well balanced and that the action was far bloodier than I had originally expected with this series. The comical parts made me laugh out loud a few times and that is rare for me these days with most anime.  

 
I loved this series and plan to purchase the recently released blue-ray edition. I highly recommend it as series; I feel that both men and women would enjoy the series. I will warn you though that the last three episodes are very fast paced and add a lot of story that threw me off. It felt as though they were trying to explain some things very quickly before the series ended and only left me more confused.  I am really hoping for a second season but haven’t seen anything to date that one is planned. Overall this is a great series with a little bit of everything in it. If you enjoy sci-fi, action and/or comedy series I think you’ll enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment