Archive

December 13, 2012

Sword Art Online





A new game has just arrived on the Market, a fully immersed game call Sword Art Online. A Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, which players control their characters using a new technology called Nerve Gear.  This new technology allows users to use their mind to play. On the official release day the 10,000 players discover they cannot log out. The creator of the game appears and informs the players that if they wish to be free of the game they must beat all 100 floors of the game tower. Also the players are informed that if they die in the game they die in real life. Thus the battle for freedom begins. 



As of this review I have watched the first 20 episodes of Sword Art Online (SAO), and I am hooked. I’ve never played a role playing game (RPG) but even without understanding some of the game references I love this series. There is action, comedy, and a little romance. It’s a wonderful blend that both guys and gals should enjoy. The animation is well done and reminds me a lot of Guilty Crown. 



The issue I have with this series is that it glosses over a lot of the boss fights. The story progresses quickly and only a few boss fights are shown in decent detail. I feel that the series didn’t take full advantage of all the different boss fights they could’ve done. The few boss fights the series does highlight are well done though and I fully enjoyed them. Overall I recommend this series and I plan to keep watching as it is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment