Archive

July 24, 2011

Gunpey DS

I have to start by saying that it is great to be back. I have spent the last 5 weeks getting ready for my wedding, so I haven't had a lot of time to watch, let alone review any anime. I just got back into town after my honeymoon this past Friday and I'm going to kick things off with an anime game.

While I was away on my trip, I found it hard to sit and concentrate on a game during my flight. I popped in Gunpey DS, since it is a puzzle game that doesn't require me to remember any back story from previous play. The game has a very simple premise, move lines that drop vertically across the screen to connect them from side-to-side. While this sounds pretty basic and boring on the surface, the game gets some of its WOW factor from the colorful level design, anime style characters, catchy music, and handicaps during gameplay that cause certain functions to become deactivated.

As you progress through the game, characters and levels become unlocked. In terms of single player mode, there isn't a great deal more that players do other than play through the story mode with each of the characters. There is a local multi-player mode which also makes the game interesting for those who enjoy some friendly competition.

This is a fairly inexpensive game and worth picking up if you are looking for something to do to kill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment