Archive

November 24, 2010

GunDress

Have you ever been in one of those moods where you know you want to watch something, but you just don't know what it is? That was the conundrum I found myself in yesterday. After trying to get through a few anime series over the last few weeks, I decided I needed something that I could get through in a night and feel like I accomplished something. After scouring my database for something I finally settled on GunDress. I will have to be honest, I completely chose this one based on the cover art.

GunDress is about a team of girls who make up a group called Angel Arms. They are a special squad who work alongside the police to stop terrorists. Through the course of the story, the history of on pilot, Alissa, is explored and her connection to a world renowned terrorist who was suspected to have died two years prior in an accident when both of them were fleeing police. The detail that the Angel Arms are put on is to protect an arms dealer from this terrorist which is what causes all of the character paths to converge.

The story wasn't anything so unique that it was unforgetable, but it was solid. The music in the show was well selected. Again, I won't be running out to get the soundtrack, but all of the music used was placed very well in relation to the context of the scene in the movie.
  
In terms of animation, it was very well done. I liked the clean lines on the animation combined with the drawing style of mid-90s anime. The incorporation of mechs is also a favorite of mine as well. GunDress is certainly very easy on the eyes from a graphics perspective but not an overload like what we tend to find with some CGI based shows.

As a whole, this was an entertaining movie and I would recommend adding it to your collection. Its an hour and  half worth of entertainment that shouldn't disappoint for those who like to look at half clothed females and mech armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment